Do you agree that everyone needs a little bit of TLC? TLC usually stands for Tender Loving Care, but did you know that there is a diet that is called TLC as well? The TLC diet is a diet plan recognized by the American Heart Association because it gives tremendous results in reducing LDL, or “bad” cholesterol levels in the human body.
Low-Density Lipoprotein is the bad cholesterol and when left to its own devices, will lead to heart disease and even stroke. The TLC diet stands for Therapeutic Lifestyle Changes diet. The aim is to create a meal plan that significantly cuts down on saturated fat because this kind of fat increases LDL cholesterol levels in the body.
- Limit Saturated Fat intake to only 7% per day. This is a must. Saturated fats are the main culprits in increasing LDL cholesterol in your body. Such examples of foods that are high in saturated fats are Salami, Butter, and Dairy-milk.
- Set your target Calorie Level. For men, consume a maximum of 2500 calories and for women, a maximum of 1,800 calories per day. If you want to lose weight, consume 1,800 calories for men and 1,200 calories a day for women.
- Food Choices. Limit meat intake to only 5 ounces per day. Eat skinless poultry, fish, and lots of fruits and vegetables. If you want to drink milk, opt for the low-fat or non-fat variants.
- Use Vegetable Oil. Vegetable Oil contains unsaturated fat, which is the kind of fat you would want in your body. Non-fat mayonnaise is also a good choice.
- Dark Chocolate. Dark Chocolates are the preferred dessert option when you’re undergoing the TLC diet. Dark Chocolates contain Flavonoids that help lower LDL cholesterol levels.
- Avoid Fast Foods. Not only do fast foods contain a lot of calories, they also have high levels of Saturated fats. So, avoid fast foods like the plague.
When you’re doing the TLC diet, it is also of paramount importance that you look at the food labels when you’re buying from the supermarket. Look for any saturated fat, and make sure to limit your intake of it to only 7% per day.
Consult a doctor and a personal trainer so that they can design a perfect exercise regimen for you. An amazing diet is only amazing if it is coupled with exercise, so having the right exercises and dedication will help you lose more weight.
The TLC diet recommends that you do 30-minutes of exercise 5-7 times a week. This will not only help you lose weight, but you will also improve your overall well-being.
A lot of people are finding the TLC diet to be a doable diet. It’s not one of those diets that heavily restrict you or anything. Plus, it doesn’t cost you that much either, because most of the foods can be eaten so long as it doesn’t contain too much saturated fat.
If you’re looking for a solid diet plan, the TLC diet is an amazing diet you can try.